When it comes to fashion, accessories are the perfect way to add that extra bit of personality and flair to your outfit. But knowing when to go bold with your accessories can be tricky. It’s important to strike the right balance between statement pieces and overdoing it. Don’t be afraid to experiment with bold accessories, but make sure they complement your outfit and enhance your personal style. In this blog, we’ll explore some tips and tricks for when to go bold with accessories and how to avoid common mistakes.
When choosing bold accessories
Bold accessories can be a great way to inject some personality into your outfit and make a statement. Here are some occasions when you should consider going bold with your accessories:
- Special events: If you’re attending a wedding or a fancy gala, this is the perfect opportunity to go all out with your accessories. Statement necklaces, oversized earrings, and bold bangles can all add some extra glam to your outfit.
- Casual outfits: Even if you’re just running errands or meeting friends for coffee, adding a bold accessory can elevate your look. Try a colorful scarf or a statement belt to add some interest to a simple outfit.
- Monochrome outfits: If you’re wearing a single-color outfit, adding a bold accessory can help break up the monotony. A bold necklace or earrings can add some much-needed contrast.
How to choose the right accessory When choosing a bold accessory, it’s important to consider the colors, textures, and materials of your outfit. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Complement, don’t clash: Your accessory should complement your outfit, not clash with it. If you’re wearing a patterned dress, opt for a solid-colored accessory that complements one of the colors in the dress.
- Mix textures: Pairing a bold accessory with a textured fabric, such as velvet or silk, can add some visual interest to your outfit.
- Consider the occasion: As we mentioned earlier, certain occasions call for more dramatic accessories than others. Make sure you’re choosing an accessory that’s appropriate for the event.
How to wear multiple bold accessories Mixing and matching accessories can be a lot of fun, but it can also be a bit tricky. Here are some tips for wearing multiple bold accessories:
- Choose a focal point: If you’re wearing multiple bold accessories, choose one to be the focal point and keep the others more subdued. For example, if you’re wearing a bold necklace and earrings, opt for a simpler bracelet.
- Match metals: If you’re wearing multiple metal accessories, make sure they match. Mixing gold and silver can look jarring.
- Stick to a color scheme: If you’re wearing multiple accessories, try to stick to a color scheme to keep everything cohesive.
Common mistakes to avoid While bold accessories can be a lot of fun, there are some common mistakes to avoid:
- Over-accessorizing: It can be tempting to wear every bold accessory you own, but this can look cluttered and overwhelming. Stick to one or two statement pieces.
- Clashing colors: When choosing a bold accessory, make sure it complements your outfit. If the colors clash, it can look jarring.
- Ignoring comfort: While a bold accessory might look great, make sure it’s comfortable to wear. If you’re fidgeting with a necklace or constantly readjusting a bracelet, it can detract from your overall look.
How to balance bold accessories with a statement outfit Sometimes, you may want to wear a statement outfit and a bold accessory, but it can be challenging to balance the two. Here are some tips to help you achieve the right balance:
- Choose one statement piece: If you’re wearing a statement outfit, such as a bright jumpsuit or a printed dress, choose one bold accessory to complement it. For example, a pair of statement earrings or a colorful belt can enhance the outfit without overwhelming it.
- Keep it simple: If you’re unsure about how to balance a bold outfit and accessory, keep everything else simple. Opt for neutral shoes, a classic handbag, and simple makeup.
How to accessorize for your body type
Your body type can influence the type of accessories that flatter you. Here are some tips to help you accessorize for your body type:
- Long necklaces: If you have a long neck or a small bust, long necklaces can add some balance and draw attention to your neck and collarbone.
- Statement earrings: If you have a short neck or a fuller bust, statement earrings can draw attention upward and create the illusion of a longer neck.