Gabapentin is an anti-seizure or anticonvulsant drug that is used to treat seizures. It acts on the abnormal excitement of the brain to normalize it and changes the body’s sensitivity to pain hence treating postherpetic neuralgia pain.
Uses of Gabapentin
- Gabapentin is used for epilepsy treatment to control seizures.
- Gabapentin is used for pain that stays for a few years or months after an incidence of shingles.
- Gabapentin in the form of ‘Horizant’ is an extended acting tablet for Restless leg syndrome (RLS).
- Gabapentin as Horizant is an extended-release tablet for treating RLS (Restless leg syndrome). In this condition, individuals want to move their legs when sitting or lying down.
Other uses of Gabapentin
- Sometimes Gabapentin is also used to treat diabetic neuropathy, which has symptoms of numbness or tingling feeling because of nerve damage.
- Gabapentin is also used for treating hot flashes in women after menopause or getting treatment for breast cancer.
- But don’t use this medicine on your own for this reason.
How to use Gabapentin
- You can have Gabapentin in different forms. It comes as a tablet, capsule, extended-release, or oral solution.
- Except for long-acting tablets, Gabapentin should be taken three times a day with a glass of water.
- Extended-release tablets should be taken only once a day after taking food at around 5 pm.
- Maintain an even time lapse between your doses; don’t extend it more than 12 hours.
- If you wish to buy Gabapentin online, then, the Gabapentin 100mg tablet is the correct and safe dose to buy on your own. Otherwise, ask your doctor to adjust the dose for you.
Precautions to follow if you buy Gabapentin 100mg online
- Mention any allergies (if you have any) to your doctor.
- Do not take Gabapentin more than the prescribed dose, even in different forms.
- Please inform your doctor about any other medicines you are taking. It is essential so that drug reactions and interactions can be prevented.
- Take your antacids at least 2 hours before taking Gabapentin. (in case you are prescribed
- If you take antacids (Maalox, Mylanta), take Gabapentin after two hours of antacids.
- Tell everything about your medical history, including kidney diseases, liver disease, heart disease, or intestines.
- Gabapentin makes patients tired, so you should mention your sleeping schedule to your consultant.
- Pregnancy is a severe case of Gabapentin prescription. It would be best to tell your doctor if you are planning to or are already pregnant.
- Avoid driving or using machines while on medication.
- If your child is on Gabapentin, you must be aware of specific effects, like changes in alertness, mood, and body coordination. Keep them away from cycles and cycling.
- Stop consuming alcohol while using Gabapentin.
- It’s usual to sometimes feel anxiety, suicidal thoughts, panic attacks, or violent behavior whenever you are on Gabapentin medicine.
- Don’t take a double dose if you missed a dose; take a single one whenever it’s time for the next one.
- If you are ready to follow all precautions, you can buy pain relief tablets UK alone.
Side effects of Gabapentin
- Blurred vision
- Memory issues
- Dry mouth
- fever/flu-like symptoms
- Swelling of extremities
- Increased appetite
- Ear pain
- Weight gain
- Joint pain
- red/itchy eyes
Serious side effects of Gabapentin
- Difficulty in breathing/swallowing
- Bluish discoloration of skin, lips, and nails
- Extreme sleepiness
- Slurred speech
We care about your safe experience with Gabapentin. That’s why we have mentioned exceptional cases, dosage, frequency, and precautions. Whenever you buy Gabapentin 100mg tablets UK, follow proper instructions.